- n the part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
- n the state of being covered with unclean things
- n obscene terms for feces
- n disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people
- s (of roads) not leveled or drained; unsuitable for all year travel
- Many a homesick or sardonic Northern Negro, writing to Southern friends, says "Ship me a bag of good dirt to eat.
- Whirling dirt and air within its eight cylindrical cyclones at speeds up to 600 m.
- Crime scene investigators use rakes while combing through freshly grated dirt in their continued search for human remains in a large expanse of desert on the west side of .
News & Articles
- Teen injured in Jupiter dirt bike crash
A 14-year-old boy riding a dirt bike was injured in a crash with another vehicle in Jupiter Farms Wednesday afternoon, said Capt. Albert Borroto, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
June 26, 2013 - WPTV West Palm Beach
- Boy, 14, flown to hospital after dirt bike accident in Jupiter Farms
A 14-year-old boy was flown to a hospital this evening after a vehicle struck his dirt bike in Jupiter Farms, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue said.
June 26, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- Dirt Bikers Derailed
A campaign born in New Haven has produced a new state law seeking to rein in dirt bikers.
June 24, 2013 - New Haven Independent
- Robert Byrd in FOXNews (blog)
In a 1944 letter to then-Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo, Byrd wrote "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side...... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to...
- Barack Obama in USA Today
As a child, I played soccer on a dirt road in Jakarta, and the game brought the children of my neighborhood together,Obama said, according to excerpts released by the US Soccer Federation on Tuesday. "As a father, I saw that same spirit of...
- Joe Girardi in Hartford Courant
The dirt clearly goes on his shoe,Girardi said. "But that was not my intent. You're not allowed to make contact with them, so maybe that's considered contact."