- v provide physical relief, as from pain
This pill will relieve your headaches
- v free someone temporarily from his or her obligations
- v grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to
- v lessen the intensity of or calm
- v save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- v relieve oneself of troubling information
- v provide relief for
- v free from a burden, evil, or distress
- v take by stealing
The thief relieved me of $100
- v grant exemption or release to
- v alleviate or remove (pressure or stress) or make less oppressive
relieve the pressure and the stress
- For centuries, Eastern Europeans have sat in natural salt caves to help relieve respiratory, circulatory and skin ailmentsand stress.
- But there are some good guys in the microbial world bugs that do the unglamorous work of keeping us regular and helping to relieve a range of disorders from diarrhea to .
- Making love can boost the heart, relieve pain and help keep you healthy Do Gay Couples Have An Edge? Spicing It Up Risking marriage and dignity, we examine methods of.
News & Articles
- Take time, caution when treating chronic pain
Chronic pain pushes people to make irrational choices. Desperate to relieve pain, the distressed can be convinced to try just about anything. However, making the wrong choice can delay appropriate treatment, cause further damage, or intensify the pain. read more
June 13, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- Depression Treatments: Brain Scans May Suggest Best Course
For people with depression, brain activity can predict whether talk therapy or medication will better relieve their symptoms, a new study suggests.
June 12, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season Premiere: Ten Questions We're Dying to Know the Answers To
(ABC Family) The season four premiere of Pretty Little Liars definitely left us hankering for more. It did manage to momentarily relieve our curiosity (i.e. finally discovering what the heck was in the back of Wilden's trunk, nearly revealing the Queen of Hearts), but — like most PLL episodes — the premiere left us with more questions the answers that will probably be slowly revealed through ...
June 12, 2013 - Zimbio
- Tiger Wood in Sun-Sentinel.com
I took some things to kind of relieve that,Woods said of the soreness.
- Harry Reid in Forbes
Talking to the same people he should have talked to four years ago does not relieve the president of the need to demonstrate leadership and change his policy now,said Reid, of Nevada.
- President Bush in USA Today
Bush said this reduction "will relieve the burden on our forces and it will make life easier for our wonderful military families."