- v provide physical relief, as from pain
- v make easier
- As a soldier, and then as a businessman, Wilson drank to alleviate his depressions and to celebrate his Wall Street success.
- Last year we showed how we all have a role in saving the planet, devoting our issue to 51 things that you can do to help alleviate climate change.
- By allowing people to team up and literally become their own bank, you can mobilize people and resources and alleviate poverty on the global scale.
- Khalid Mahmood in Birmingham Post
But Mr Mahmood said of the statement: "It's not sufficient to alleviate some of the apprehension within the community at the moment. Basically, it's a way of shutting down any further discussion on this. I find it absolutely amazing that they are...
- Chris Dodd in Washington Post
Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said that the administration blueprint "would do little if anything to alleviate the current crisis."
- Emma Watson in Bristol Evening Post
Ms Watson said: "I wanted to help People Tree produce a younger range because I was excited by the idea of using fashion as a tool to alleviate poverty and knew it was something I could help make a difference with."