- n the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals
- n a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- n a change of position that does not entail a change of location
the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise
- n a state of change
they were in a state of steady motion
- n a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
he made a motion to adjourn
- n the act of changing location from one place to another
police controlled the motion of the crowd
- n an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
the cinema relies on apparent motion
- v show, express or direct through movement
- That, in essence, is all a perpetual-motion machine amounts to: a device that operates without any external power source.
- Lawyers for Roman Polanski filed a motion in court Tuesday asking that the director be released from Swiss custody the first step in his legal battle to avoid extradition.
- Threatened with eviction from the LDP, they abstained, ensuring the motion's defeat.
News & Articles
- In Motion Technology and CDW Partner to Deliver Secure Mobile Access to Enterprise Networks
In Motion Technology Inc., a leader in mobile enterprise networks, today announced a partnership with CDW, a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. Together, the organizations will deliver an end-to-end technology solution, as well as services and support, which will allow mission-critical workforces to securely connect to the enterprise ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Motion In-Vehicle Computing Solutions
Capitalizing on the culmination of Motion's 12+ years of experience developing mobile technology for business, Motion In-Vehicle Computing Solutions have safety, space and ergonomics in mind. Motion In-Vehicle Solutions include a range of docks, mounting devices and computing accessories that meet safety and performance standards demanded by fleet managers at law enforcement, first responder ...
June 12, 2013 - Field Technologies Online
- Attorney seeks motion to reduce Chad Johnson's jail term
A friendly pat on the backside of his attorney does not warrant ex-NFL star Chad Johnson having to serve a 30-day jail sentence, that same attorney said Tuesday while making a motion to reduce or vacate Johnson's jail term.
June 12, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
The scale and scope of this plan is right, and the time for action is now,Obama said in the radio address. "If we don't move swiftly to put this plan in motion, our economic crisis could become a national catastrophe."
- Raymond Kelly in WCBS-TV New York
It appears from some of his other activities that March is when he decided to put this plan in motion,Kelly said.
- Andrew Cuomo in Forbes
By allowing Washington Mutual to hand-pick appraisers who inflated values, First American helped set the current mortgage crisis in motion,Cuomo said.