- n an instance of questioning
there was a question about my training
- n the subject matter at issue
the question of disease merits serious discussion
- n a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply
he asked a direct question
- n uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something
there is no question about the validity of the enterprise
- n a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
she called for the question
- n an informal reference to a marriage proposal
he was ready to pop the question
- v challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of
We must question your judgment in this matter
- v pose a series of questions to
The suspect was questioned by the police
We questioned the survivor about the details of the explosion
- v pose a question
- v conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
- v place in doubt or express doubtful speculation
- Readers ask questions of newsmakers and celebrities.
- The Oscar-winning actor answers readers' questions in a conversation with PTI's Kate Stinchfield.
- This question, seen below, actually appeared on the May 2000 version of the math test.
News & Articles
- Question Box
Mel Rosen asks us a trivia question.
June 15, 2013 - New York Times
- Good Question: US-41 Construction
Here's a $14 million dollar Good Question that plenty of frustrated drivers have asked. "What's the status with construction on U.S. 41 in Estero?"
June 14, 2013 - NBC 2 Fort Myers
- Some question EagleMed licensing
Some question EagleMed licensing
June 14, 2013 - FOX 11 Reno
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them, that the stale political arguments no longer apply,Obama said. "The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it...
- Charlie Crist in The Guardian
It's pretty ugly, there's no question about it,Florida's governor, Charlie Crist, told reporters.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in International Herald Tribune
Told by reporters about the Taliban claim of responsibility for the attack, Cheney said: "I think they clearly try to find ways to question the authority of the central government. Striking at Bagram with a suicide bomber, I suppose, is one way to...