measuring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule
his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate
- v determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of
- v express as a number or measure or quantity
- v have certain dimensions
- v evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- Like its Marvel Comics-worthy name, the car was a bit of a monster, measuring over 20 ft.
- A smaller, home version--measuring about 1.
- By timing the revolutions per second of the cogwheel and measuring the distance to the mirror, it was easy to calculate the speed of the light.
News & Articles
- HubShout to Release REAL SEO Plans for Resellers
Falls Church, VA -- After months of internal testing, measuring end-user results and benchmarking services against competitors, HubShout, a leading SEO reseller, website reseller and online marketing firm, ...
June 13, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- dunnhumby Reveals America's Most Customer-Centric Food Service Retailers, According to Their Customers
dunnhumby, the world’s leading customer science company, today released their first Customer Centricity Index measuring how well retailers are responding to the needs and wants of their customers - through the eyes of their customers.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- China is “outsourcing” pollution internally to meet carbon emissions targets
Measuring carbon dioxide emissions by where they occur is not terribly helpful, according to a study by an American research body, because countries easily fall into the habit of outsourcing their pollution ...
June 12, 2013 - Quartz via Yahoo! Finance
- Joe Torre in SI.com
This is one of a handful of organizations that you automatically say yes to,Torre said. "When I think of the Dodgers I think of efficiency, I think of pride, I think of measuring stick."
- President Bush in GMA news.tv
In October 2006, President George W. Bush said congressional Democrats "were measuring the drapes" and planning to take control of Congress.