- n a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- The media magnate fell from grace when it was revealed that he had secretly and improperly borrowed funds from worker pension funds.
- Egyptian construction magnate Hesham Talaat Moustafa (C) leaves the court after hearing his death sentence in Egypt on May 21, 2009, for the murder of Lebanese pop diva Suzanne .
- Who knew that Patricia Hearst, granddaughter of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, the inspiration for Orson Well's biting film Citizen Kane, would herself become the .
News & Articles
- Builder negotiating deal to remove waste from North Bergen flood zone
State environmental officials say a company owned by Bergen County construction magnate Joseph Sanzari improperly dumped contaminated material in North Bergen, and they want it cleaned up.
June 11, 2013 - The Record
- T. Boone Pickens In Hartford: CT Is Tops In Natural Gas Policy
Get Business Mobile Text Alerts Connecticut has had some low rankings in various business and economic lists lately, some silly, some serious. But on natural gas policy, energy magnate T. Boone Pickens has declared the state a winner.
June 10, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Business magnate, Fair Tax advocate Linbeck dies
Business magnate, Fair Tax advocate Linbeck dies Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:35 pm, Saturday, June 8, 2013 Linbeck was chairman of Linbeck Construction Corp., a firm founded by his father in 1938 that specialized in the building of offices, hospitals, museums and ...
June 9, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Greg Dyke in broadcastbuyer.tv (press release)
We live in a very competitive world where one good idea can see a person move from mum's garage to global media magnate virtually overnight,said Greg Dyke, former Director General of the BBC, Skillset patron and chair of the Media Academy...
- Julian McMahon in Seattle Times
I wanted to play a villain we hadn't seen before,McMahon said, "and the script gave me the ability to do that because he started out as a billionaire magnate who pretty much runs the planet. It's fun because it's totally out of the norm....
- Alan Dale in Hub
He's patterned after (media magnate) Rupert Murdoch,said Alan Dale, who plays him.