king : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
- n a competitor who holds a preeminent position
- n a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- n preeminence in a particular category or group or field
the lion is the king of beasts
- n United States woman tennis player (born in 1943)
- n United States guitar player and singer of the blues (born in 1925)
- n United States charismatic civil rights leader and Baptist minister who campaigned against the segregation of Blacks (1929-1968)
- n a checker that has been moved to the opponent's first row where it is promoted to a piece that is free to move either forward or backward
- n one of the four playing cards in a deck bearing the picture of a king
- n (chess) the weakest but the most important piece
- An extended interview with the king .
News & Articles
- King: 'Thank God' for NSA program
King calls the program 'absolutely essential.'
June 13, 2013 - Politico
- King Co. councilman moves to bar ICE jail holds
A King County councilman introduced on Thursday a measure that orders authorities not to honor jail holds of immigrants suspected of being in the country illegally ordered by federal authorities.
June 13, 2013 - Seattle Times
- King-Brock receives Order of the Palmetto
Kristi King-Brock, executive director of Anderson Interfaith Ministries since its inception 23 years ago, received the Order of the Palmetto on Thursday.
June 13, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Larry King in ABC News
A lot of new things are happening to us and we are happy to be together as a family with our children,King, who recently announced he would end his 25-year reign on "Larry King Live", said in the statement.