- n a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- For one of the world's most successful gold tycoons, Canada's Peter Munk seems to hold no special regard for the yellow meta.
- With a new party and a pitch for clean government, a Thai tycoon is trying to succeed in politics, finally.
- Chinese authorities allege that fugitive tycoon Lai Changxing ran the largest-ever smuggling and corruption racket in the People's Republic.
News & Articles
- Russian tycoon wants to move mind to machine
Russian tycoon wants to move mind to machine Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 7:51 am, Monday, June 17, 2013 — By 2025, a scenario familiar to watchers of sci-fi cartoon show "Futurama:" the capability to transplant the brain into a life-support system, which could be a ...
June 22, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Linkage: Old Buildings in Modern Cities; Movie Location Scout; More!
Photo via Apartment Therapy · Was John Denver's land conservancy bought by an oil tycoon? · 22 majestic old buildings completely dominating modern skylines. · Fatio-designed Casa Eleda sold for nearly $16M. · Home improvement shows: how real is reality...
June 21, 2013 - Curbed
- Tinkler gives up half of Whitehaven stake to lender
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Struggling Australian tycoon Nathan Tinkler has given up nearly half of his stake in Whitehaven Coal Ltd for about $285 million to pay down debt to a U.S. hedge fund, easing concern about a forced selldown that had weighed on the miner's value. The U.S. fund, Farallon Capital Management picked up a 9.9 percent stake from Tinkler and entities associated with him, taking its ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Winston Churchill in The Canberra Times
It was an El Dorado of undreamt wealth : The sum of Â£10,000 in those days was a fabulous fortune. Only a tycoon of big commerce or a highly rated artist could have commanded a fee of that dimension,Churchill wrote in his 1962 autobiography,...
- Paul Thelen in Nintendo World Report
We're excited to introduce this truly unique game to the handheld market,said Paul Thelen, CEO of Big Fish Games. "Fish Tycoon is one of those rare games whose appeal transcends platforms, genres, and demographics. It is the perfect choice...
- Boris Johnson in Forbes
Johnson, one of Britain's best-known lawmakers and the favorite to win the Tory nomination for the mayoral race, said it was "unbelievable that a Web site can be wiped out on the say-so of some tycoon."