locution : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations
- They, as Benjamin put it, "interchang'd some promises"an 18th century locution for engagementa year later as he set off for England to buy printing equipment.
- That's not the problem Romney's strange locution at the South Carolina Republican Debate, "Double Guantanamo," sounds like an order at a Cuban coffee bar, not a policy proposal .
- It's so difficult to reach a real person via an 800 number that we had to invent a heretofore unnecessary locution real person to describe the entity we are trying to reach.
- Todd Gitlin in The Atlantic (blog)
It's slimy locution here in that he writes 'We have been told by many that she is gay,'Gitlin said. "And what would constitute evidence? If someone shows up and says 'I slept with Elena Kagan when we were in college,' so what? I see...