lodestone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a permanent magnet consisting of magnetite that possess polarity and has the power to attract as well as to be attracted magnetically
- The rush for mercury in Arkansas last week was paralleled by a rush into Canada's Great Bear Lake region for radium, the modern transmuter's lodestone.
- As his aides assert, however, Blair's religious beliefs make him a natural interlocutor for an American President for whom "moral clarity" is the lodestone of policy.
- Familiar to almost every schoolboy is the Arabian Nights tale of the deadly lodestone island which drew the iron nails and bolts from passing ships, causing them to be wrecked on .
News & Articles
- Daily Briefs
• Dokidoki! Precure Film Titled • The World God Only Knows' 3rd Season Key Visual Posted • Crunchyroll Now Streaming on Apple TV • Anime Sols Holds Contest for Free Trip to Japan • Megatokyo Launches Visual Novel Campaign on Kickstarter • Sega Opens 'Project 575' Teaser Site • Square Enix Files 'Occult Maiden, The Lodestone, Melpharia March' Trademarks
June 20, 2013 - Anime News Network
- Shyam Benegal in CNN-IBN
What was it that made him the Mahatma? What is the lodestone that he carried, that made him the person he was-that is what fascinated me,says Shyam Benegal, director of The Making of the Mahatma.
- Richard Blumenthal in Danbury News Times
The public's interest will be the lodestone,Blumenthal said at an HRRA meeting Friday. "It will be paramount."
- Ken Hechler in Sherwood Voice
Hechler said it was "almost as though it was drawn like a lodestone rock at the place where Buddy had trained as a Marine at Camp Pendleton before being sent to Iwo Jima."