- n the grammatical relation that exists when a word qualifies the meaning of the phrase
- v place limits on (extent or access)
- v restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- v decide upon or fix definitely
- s restricting the scope or freedom of action
- s strictly limiting the reference of a modified word or phrase
- In the new congressional session, that includes pushing laws aimed at limiting access of minors to interstate abortions and giving legal rights to fertilized eggs in utero.
- For the moment, Max is safely secreted with a friend in the countryside, beyond the jurisdiction of the Beijing municipality's strict rules limiting each city household to a single .
- Meanwhile, the company has announced new security policies that will kick in next week, limiting adult access to personal information for 14- and 15-year-olds; MySpace users who .
News & Articles
- Majority of Americans Support Limiting Congressional Campaign Finances
Gallup Editor-in-Chief Frank Newport shares that 79% of Americans would support limiting the amount of money candidates for the U.S. House and Senate can raise and spend on their campaigns, and 50% in the U.S. are in favor of a federally-funded campaign system with individual contributions banned.
June 24, 2013 - Gallup
- Kaboom Town Limiting Attendance
There are changes coming to Kaboom Town this year. One of the largest Independence Day celebrations in the country is going to be a whole lot smaller this year. City officials are limiting attendance to Addison’s annual Kaboom Town celebration …
June 23, 2013 - Nightcap TV
- Lynx set to meet Shock
Limiting the Lynx's Maya Moore’s output could be a key to victory for Tulsa.
June 23, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Rafael Nadal in New York Times
I have been playing with pain on my knees for some months now and I simply can't go on like this,Nadal said. "The pain was limiting certain movements in my body, which affected me mentally as well."
- Ban Ki-moon in 940 News
Some countries have taken action by limiting exports or by imposing price controls,Ban said. "They only distort markets and force prices even higher."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in CNN International
Limiting the CIA's interrogation methods to those in the Army Field Manual would be dangerous because the manual is publicly available and easily accessible on the Internet. . . . If we were to shut down this program and restrict the CIA to methods... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/08/AR2008030800304.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGmhvu47S8Bb8SJxKvPwhw1_EewrQ Mar 8, 2008
58400 77735 limitless Cheney said a negotiated end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, one that addresses the legitimate national claims of both peoples, would have limitless value."