- v determine the essential quality of
- v give a definition for the meaning of a word
- v determine the nature of
What defines a good wine?
- v show the form or outline of
The tree was clearly defined by the light
The camera could define the smallest object
- v decide upon or fix definitely
- Medically both heartburn and acid indigestion are vague terms, as hard to define precisely as to treat effectively.
- This year's PTI 100 is a hefty issue packed with the people who define our times; The People Who Matter Most--to Joel Stein; Talk Back; What do you think about this year's PTI 100?.
- Happiness is difficult to define and even harder to measure.
News & Articles
- Defining 'Brand Engagement'
A number of years ago a number of organizations met to define ?engagement.? Having met, they came away with a number of definitions and, after a number of meetings, with the kind of boundless optimism that earned the Donner party their place in history, announced an initial ?definition.?
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Web Wealth: Sites that help you set goals
Personal financial success - however you define it - is more likely if you've set goals and have a plan to reach them. Oh, and you'll need a job, too. Get some advice on setting goals (and getting a job) from these sites.
June 17, 2013 - Philly.com
- The Supreme Court’s 2013 grand finale: Three big decisions
By the time the Supreme Court justices leave for their summer vacations, they will have issued rulings that will define the future of voting rights, gay rights, and affirmative action. As we wait for the cases to come out, here is a brief synopsis of their key issues.
June 17, 2013 - National Constitution Center via Yahoo! News
- Mitt Romney in Reuters
Like him, I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my religion. A person should not be elected because of his faith nor should he be rejected because of his faith,Romney said.
- Barack Obama in ABC News
It was unknowable then, but so much of the progress that would define the 20th century, on both sides of the Atlantic, came down to the battle for a slice of beach only six miles long and two miles wide,Obama said at a ceremony at the...
- Tzipi Livni in 940 News
But, Livni added, "it is not the role of the Arab world to define the terms of the negotiations or take part in them."