lending : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n disposing of money or property with the expectation that the same thing (or an equivalent) will be returned
- v bestow a quality on
- v give temporarily; let have for a limited time
- v have certain characteristics of qualities for something; be open or vulnerable to
- With Iceland still reeling from the collapse of its economy, a leaked report reveals the questionable lending practices of the country's largest bank, Kaupthing, and reignites .
- Peer-to-peer lending is the would-be Web 2.
- When it came to lending between banks and the commercial paper market, the economists pointed to a shift toward shorter-term lending.
- Barack Obama in Reuters
Brushing aside any doubts, Obama said, "We've put in place a comprehensive strategy designed to attack this crisis on all fronts. It's a strategy to create jobs, to help responsible homeowners, to restart lending, and to grow our economy over the...
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Some important headwinds -- in particular constrained bank lending and a weak job market -- likely will prevent the expansion from being as robust as we would hope,Mr. Bernanke said.
- Henry Paulson in Christian Science Monitor
For market discipline to be effective, market participants must not expect that lending from the Fed, or any other government support, is readily available,Paulson said in his testimony. "For market discipline to effectively constrain...