length : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place
the length of the table was 5 feet
- n continuance in time
he complained about the length of time required
- n the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end
the editor limited the length of my article to 500 words
- n size of the gap between two places
he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points
- n a section of something that is long and narrow
a length of timber
a length of tubing
- Watchmen is a graphic novela book-length comic book with ambitions above its stationstarring a ragbag of bizarre, damaged, retired superheroes: the paunchy, melancholic Nite .
- Both justices spoke at length in their Senate confirmation hearings about the importance of abiding by precedents even if they would have voted the other way had they been .
- Six-tenths of an inch is the difference in length between king-size cigarettes and the 100-mm.