- v bestow a quality on
Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company
- v give temporarily; let have for a limited time
I will lend you my car
- v have certain characteristics of qualities for something; be open or vulnerable to
This story would lend itself well to serialization on television
The current system lends itself to great abuse
- There is no motivation to lend money at low rates when capital preservation (i.
- Prudent bankers are increasingly refusing to lend a deficit-ridden country money that it may not pay back or to finance imports that it cannot afford.
- The corporate world's embrace of the place as a venue for staff meetings and training sessions does seem to lend Second Life a layer of legitimacy.
News & Articles
- Muddy Water Players present ‘Lend Me a Tenor’
MONROE — The Playhouse at Museum Village presents the farce, “Lend Me a Tenor,” by Ken Ludwig for nine performances beginning Friday, July 12. “Lend Me a Tenor” is described as “a three-ring circus of chaos involving celebrity worship, backstage shenanigans and mistaken identities.
July 7, 2013 - The Photo News
- Volunteers lead post-holiday cleanup on Biloxi Beach
BILOXI -- Each year after the Independence Day fireworks have faded, the Mississippi Coast beachfront is left covered in trash. On Saturday morning, The Bridge Community Church joined with volunteers from Keesler Air Force Base to lend a hand in restoring the beauty of the Biloxi beach.
July 7, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Singletary: Learn from this family's mistakes and don't lend or borrow
Financial columnist Michelle Singletary uses one family's fight over whether money was a gift or a long to encourage people not to lend to or borrow from relatives.
July 6, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- John Roberts in msnbc.com
Such support frees up other resources within the organization that may be put to violent ends. It also helps lend legitimacy to foreign terrorist groups,wrote Chief Justice John Roberts for the majority.
- Barack Obama in TIME
I am not naive,Obama told the gathered world leaders. "I know this will be difficult. But all of us must decide whether we are serious about peace or whether we only lend it lip service."
- Dana Perino in ABC News
What we're trying to do is get banks to do what they are supposed to do, which is support the system that we have in America. And banks exist to lend money,White House press secretary Dana Perino said.