lengthen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make longer
- v become long or longer
In Spring, the days lengthen
- It is fair to say that her useful insights--"High heels are good because they really lengthen you out"--did not win over all viewers.
- That massive turnout prompted Florida's GOP governor, Charlie Crist, to flash his bipartisan bona fides this week and lengthen early voting on weekdays by four hours (while letting .
- But the breadth of the coalition he has created if it holds together may well lengthen the odds against his being able to move forward in any direction.
News & Articles
- Health advantages of Medicare Advantage: Column
One way to lengthen the financial solvency of program while improving health outcomes.
July 2, 2013 - USA Today
- 'Simpler': Cass Sunstein on the Future of Government
In the past few years, the United States government has issued fewer regulations and worked to eliminate or improve existing ones. Cass R. Sunstein led many of these changes as administrator for the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. In his new book, Simpler: The Future of Government , Sunstein talks about how a more streamlined government can improve health, lengthen ...
July 1, 2013 - Knowledge at Wharton
- Accenture Tumbles as Sales Miss Estimates, Badly
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Accenture shares plummeted after announcing less-than-expected revenue. Accenture lost 10% to close at $71.95 on Friday. Revenue fell short of analysts' forecasts for the quarter, which ended in May. While bookings increased year over year by 14%, "the duration of bookings continues to lengthen out, limiting the near-term benefit to revenue," wrote Bank of America analysts ...
June 28, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Ben Bernanke in International Herald Tribune
The outlook for economic growth has worsened,Bernanke said. "The heightened financial turmoil that we have experienced of late may well lengthen the period of weak economic performance."
- Jim Bowden in SI.com
Playing in the American League will lengthen his career,Bowden said. "He's capable of hitting .300 this year and next year. He still has the ability to hit 15 home runs."
- Dominic Bradley in Forbes
At the end of the day, their departure was brought about by peaceful, democratic politics and not by the use of violence, which at all times did nothing more than lengthen the duration of their stay,Bradley said.