loaning : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n disposing of money or property with the expectation that the same thing (or an equivalent) will be returned
- v give temporarily; let have for a limited time
- Will the Clintons keep loaning their own money to her campaign? 2.
- When did it first dawn on you to start loaning small amounts of money to poor people with no collateral? In 1974, there was a famine in the country.
- Not only did she admit to loaning her cash-strapped campaign $5 million in order to keep pace with Obama ahead of Super Tuesday, but on Sunday Clinton replaced her campaign manager .
News & Articles
- Primer on Federal Home Loan Banks unveiled
If you don’t know much about the Federal Home Loan Banks, you’re not alone. This government-sponsored agency has a penchant for privacy even though it exists because of an Act of Congress and has the very public purpose of loaning money. But, thanks to Denise de Bombelles’ presentation June 7 at the Palm Beach Business Group’s meeting at 264 the Grill, that all changed for the three dozen in ...
June 16, 2013 - Palm Beach Daily News
- EBRD May Lend Energa $251 Million for Polish Smart Grid Project
The European Bank for Reconstruction & Development is considering loaning Polish utility Energa SA as much as 800 million zloty ($251 million) for a smart grid project, a “step change” in investment in the region, an analyst said.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Generosity can be bad for love
Do you have a rule about loaning money to friends and family? Maybe you should draw one up.
June 10, 2013 - MSN
- Harry Reid in USA Today
While we take no satisfaction in loaning taxpayer money to these companies, we know it must be done,said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. "This is no blank check or blind hope."
- Scott Kelly in Los Angeles Times
Commander Scott Kelly replied, "We'll see you in a couple weeks, and thanks for loaning us your space shuttle."
- Adriano Galliani in USA Today
We don't want any controversy, we're thankful to Galaxy for loaning us Beckham these past few months,Galliani said. "In the States they look at commercial aspects, whereas in Europe transfers are based on technical aspects. The budget at...