judging : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
- v determine the result of (a competition)
- v form a critical opinion of
- v judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- v pronounce judgment on
- v put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of
News & Articles
- Molecular analysis reveals a new species of white toothed shrew
Judging solely by the looks proves to be a wrong practice in biology too. A recent study of the white toothed shrew fauna of Vietnam reveals the importance of molecular analysis for the correct recognition of species. With the help of modern technologies, scientists describe an exciting and long-overlooked new species of white toothed shrew, representing a rare new addition to the group of the ...
July 3, 2013 - Science Daily
- New judging stand at fairgrounds nears completion
Photo by Daniel Freel/New Jersey Herald - A crew member of Precise Buildings of Kinzers, Pa., measures an area as he and his coworkers construct a new judging tower between horse show rings 2 and 3 at the Sussex County Fairgrounds in Frankford June 25.
July 3, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Charlie Sheen Shows Off Adorable Kids in Twitpics and a Really Big Gun in Machete Kills Poster
We don't know how Charlie Sheen will fare playing the president of the United States in Machete Kills. But judging by the new poster for the shoot-em-up sequel to...
July 3, 2013 - E! Online
- Sonia Sotomayor in Atlantic Online
So when Sotomayor says things like this -- "I simply do not know exactly what that difference will be in my judging. But I accept there will be some based on my gender and my Latina heritage" -- it's very easy to label her an scourge of identity...
- Lindsey Graham in The Associated Press
She'll have to convince me that all of this liberalism that she's lived with all her life can be put in a proper place and when she gets to be a judge she'll be left of center but within the mainstream of judging,Sen. Lindsey Graham, RS.C.,...
- Barack Obama in Slate
I wouldn't approach the issue of judging in the way the president does,Sotomayor said.