- n a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal)
- n a small valley between mountains
- v shout out
He hollered out to surrender our weapons
- v utter a sudden loud cry
- v complain
What was he hollering about?
- Said Parsons: "I would holler my holler, and by the time I got home and had the mules unhitched, Mother would have the ham a-fryin' and the peas a-cookin'.
- As if the cateymount wasn't making enough trouble, a-hollering outside like a woman at night, the school board at Vanceburg, in Kentucky's Lewis County, ordered Joseph Johnson to.
- The Shouters, for instance, rewrote the Lord's Prayer to read simply, "Oh, Lord Jesus," and taught followers to holler the phrase while stamping their feet in unison.
News & Articles
- Madigan’s Auto wins pitchers’ duel; Lakeview now 9-0
Brandon Hanline had two hits, Lukas Holler had two RBIs and Zach Hanline went the distance and won a pitchers’ duel as Madigan’s Auto Sales edged Taylor Mining, 3-1, in Hot Stove League baseball Wednesday at Holler Field.
June 13, 2013 - Cumberland Times-News
- Thursday: Red Octopus Theater, Samantha Crain, "Oliver!" and more
Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre continues, with its one non-Shakespearean show of the season, "Oliver!" The musical is based on the Dickens classic "Oliver Twist," and it will be performed at UCA's Reynolds Performance Hall at 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Saturday, $27. Fans of gothic folk are advised to check out Maxine's, which will host folk/blues-tinged duo Some Dark Holler and country-informed ...
June 12, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Ridgeley trio throws third no-hitter
Kirk Robinette, Wyatt Yates and Brett Whiteman combined to throw Ridgeley VFW’s third no-hitter through 10 games and collected its eighth win by beating Rotary 10-1 at Holler Field.
June 12, 2013 - Cumberland Times-News
- Mitch McConnell in MarketWatch
It was a good give and take. We didn't expect anybody to stand up and holler that they had an epiphany,McConnell said.
- Barack Obama in USA Today
When you've got an ally like Barbara Boxer and you've got an ally like me who are standing for the same thing, then you don't know exactly why you've got to holler, because we already hear you, all right?,Obama said to applause. "I mean,...
- Andy Hilbert in Forbes
I saw that Bergeron had a step on the defenseman and I just went to the net hard,Hilbert said. "I gave him a holler and he made a great backhand pass."