- n sudden violent winds; often accompanied by precipitation
- v make high-pitched, whiney noises
- v utter a sudden loud cry
- v blow in a squall
When it squalls, a prudent sailor reefs his sails
- Canada's high-flying socialist party, the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation, last week hit a line squall: the provincial election in Saskatchewan.
- Cable's gladiators are paunchy guys with beards hauling ass to fell a tree or outrace a squall.
- A black line-squall loomed in the northwest and lightning flared from cloud to cloud as United Airlines Cleveland-bound Flight 521, 44 passengers, four crew, trundled away from .
News & Articles
- ALL-SHORE BOYS GOLF COACH OF THE YEAR: Matt Stefanski, Wall
As the Wall High School golf team made its way to Spring Meadow Golf Club for its first practice of the season in March, the flurries that had been falling turned to a full-fledge snow squall.
June 15, 2013 - Asbury Park Press
- Harford braces for severe weather event Thursday
Fast moving storms expected to bring rain, high winds; flooding, downed trees and power lines possible, county says The Harford County Department of Emergency Services urges Harford County residents to prepare for a squall line of thunderstorms with heavy rain, lightning, hail, high winds and higher tides as a result of a fast moving and severe weather event approaching the region Thursday ...
June 13, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Severe Storms Plow Through The Two Virginias
BLUEFIELD (WVVA) -- The severe weather threat for the Two Virginias has ended, but a squall line from early in the afternoon Thursday brought flooding, wind damage and hail to the area. Many towns throughout
June 13, 2013 - WVVA Bluefield
- Mike Golding in Times Online
I was just out on deck when a squall came through with winds of 55 knots,Golding said. "I had the main with two reefs and a reacher and had been like that for two hours. Overnight we had winds of up to 45 knots so I had two reefs and a...
- Terri Clark in CJAD
It was amazing the way it changed,Clark said. "A white squall came across the bay. It was something to behold. It just spun its way toward our building and all hell broke loose. The wind was gusting up over 80 kilometres an hour. I've...
- Troy Dungan in Dallas Morning News
And as the cold air starts to fall and rush outward, it propels the leading edge of the squall line,said Troy Dungan, chief forecaster at WFAA-TV (Channel 8). "So if the storm is moving at 40 miles an hour and you add 40-mile-an-hour winds...