- n a deep prolonged loud noise
- n a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal)
- v make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles
- v utter words loudly and forcefully
- v emit long loud cries
- v act or proceed in a riotous, turbulent, or disorderly way
- v make a loud noise, as of animal
- v laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
- s very lively and profitable
doing a roaring trade
- r extremely
- The same vehicle, roaring back through the dawn, let them know that he would be in for the day.
- Gaitan has made little headway in one part of Colombiathe country's roaring industrial frontier and rich coffee-growing uplands.
- Two years ago the economy was roaring and lobster was a popular indulgence.
News & Articles
- Roaring Camp celebrates 50
From left Shay locomotive No. 1 "Diziana"; Shay No. 7 "Sonora"; Heisler No. 2 "Tuolumne" ; and engine No. 3 "Kahuku" during Roaring Camp Railroad's 50-year anniversary celebration. It was unusal to have all four engines out on the track at once.
June 14, 2013 - Press-Banner
- City commits more water to Roaring Fork
When flows in the Roaring Fork River through Aspen drop below 32 cubic feet per second (cfs), the city of Aspen has agreed to reduce diversions it takes at the Wheeler Ditch, adding as much as 8 cfs to the stream. read more
June 14, 2013 - Aspen Daily News
- Aspen launches program to boost Roaring Fork River flow
The city of Aspen has engaged in a one-year pilot program to boost Roaring Fork River streamflows by reducing the amount of water it diverts from the waterway at its Wheeler Ditch east of Aspen.
June 14, 2013 - The Aspen Times