- s in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich
a prosperous family
- s very lively and profitable
a prosperous new business
- s marked by peace and prosperity
- s presaging or likely to bring good luck
a prosperous moment to make a decision
- From sleepy colonial outpost to prosperous high-tech enclave, Singapore owes its rise to the stern, stubborn lawyer who virtually invented the place.
- Despite direful predictions which were made a year and even six months ago, the current year will go down as the most prosperous in history for motor manufacturers.
- Married in 1918, he and Lois toured the country on a motorcycle and appeared to be a prosperous, promising young couple.
News & Articles
- ECO to committee: Bolster, don’t scrap, land use regs
Henderson County’s land-use rules are critical to keeping it livable and prosperous, an environmental group told a regulation review advisory committee Thursday, and should be enhanced, not dismantled.
June 14, 2013 - The Hendersonville Times-News
- First Person: It Seemed Like the Rise of the Stock Market Was Never Going to End
As a 48 year old baby boomer I was privileged to live in prosperous times. We were at the forefront of wonderful advances in every facet of life. Great strides were made in medicine, technology and entertainment. We bought nice cars and lived in big houses. I believe that the full effect of the American Dream was experienced by us.
June 13, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Finance
- Community infrastructure projects key to building healthy, prosperous Aboriginal communities: RBC report
Community infrastructure projects key to building healthy, prosperous Aboriginal communities: RBC report
June 11, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Newspost Online
A nation cannot prosper long when it favours only the prosperous,Obama said.
- President Bush in ABC News
We strongly believe societies which allow the free expression of ideas tend to be the most prosperous and the most peaceful,Bush said at the official opening of the $434 million US embassy.
- Hamid Karzai in The Associated Press
They don't want the people of Afghanistan to have a prosperous life,Karzai said in a statement condemning the attack.