golden : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
long aureate (or golden) hair
- s marked by peace and prosperity
a golden era
- s made from or covered with gold
the golden calf
- s supremely favored
golden lads and girls all must / like chimney sweepers come to dust
- s suggestive of gold
a golden voice
- s presaging or likely to bring good luck
- Indeed, the benefits have seemed small--until golden rice came along to suggest otherwise.
- Among the Christmas magazines at the news-stalls there lay a newcomer, a monthly fiction magazine, with a creamy cover, a big golden moon, a golden skirted lady and gold stars.
- David Duval in CBC.ca
The score is kind of the golden egg,he said of Goydos' round. "You have to hit shots, you have to hit putts. Regardless of where it's done or who does it, it's amazing."
- Alan Rosenberg in Reuters
After considerable outreach to Golden Globe actor nominees and their representatives over the past several weeks, there appears to be unanimous agreement that these actors will not cross WGA picket lines,SAG President Alan Rosenberg said.
- Rod Blagojevich in Seattlest
As in, like when former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich was looking to fill Obama's vacant Senate seat, and he said, "I've got this thing and it's fucking golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for fuckin' nothing. I'm not gonna do it....