gilt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a coating of gold or of something that looks like gold
- v decorate with, or as if with, gold leaf or liquid gold
- s having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
- Instead, gilt letters spell it out on a dusky rose wall inside: Victoria's Secret.
- Above, near the summit, the sun glints on the gilt-wrapped domes and spires of a Buddhist temple.
- He takes our coats and bags and shimmers away, leading us down the corridor, past gilt mirrors, Monet prints and bursting bouquets, to our table in the Swallowtail's elegant .
News & Articles
- UKDMO UK Regulatory Announcement: Issue of Debt
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AUCTION OF BRITISH GOVERNMENT STOCK Auction Details Auction Date Thursday, 20 June 2013 Issue and Settlement Date Friday, 21 June 2013 Bidding Convention Fully paid Bid Price (see Note 1) Accrued Interest payable with bid £0.435083 per £100 nominal Auction Close 10:30am London Time Details of Security Title 1¼% Treasury Gilt 2018 Amount (nominal) for auction £4,750 ...
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire
- Gilt Yields Seen to Rise in Absence of More BOE QE
June 6 (Bloomberg) -- John Wraith, a fixed-income strategist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, discusses Bank of England Governor Mervyn King's legacy, European Central Bank monetary policy and the outlook for gilts. He speaks with Mark Barton and Anna Edwards on Bloomberg Television's "Countdown."
June 6, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Flash: Gilt support fortified at 115.29 – RBS
FXstreet.com (Barcelona) - Gilts remain bearish below in the long-term, however in the short-term,... For more information, read our latest forex news.
June 6, 2013 - The Forex Market
- Gareth Southgate in ITV.com
Southgate said: "We missed some gilt edged chances to wrap the game up and that is disappointing. We should have had them dead and buried before the equaliser. But I have to give great credit to my players. They have a strength and resilience about...
- John Kerry in San Diego Union Tribune
The record is clear,Kerry said. "A deficit reduction promise from George W. Bush is not exactly a gilt-edged bond."
- Iain Dowie in Sportinglife.com
Dowie said: "I thought it was a really good game of football. We had 12 gilt-edged chances in the first half but only ended up taking the scrappiest one out of the lot. I'm really pleased with the way the whole team performed and some of the...