- n flesh of any of various grouse of the family Tetraonidae; usually roasted; flesh too dry to broil
- n popular game bird having a plump body and feathered legs and feet
- v hunt grouse
- v complain
- The old timers may grouse that good music is all but dead yet there seems to be a renaissance of sorts in the world of music today.
- Carl's grouse was that while his partner was let off lightly for seven torturous days he was sent to the kitchen to peel potatoes.
- Sometimes the early rains in Scotland kill off the young grouse.
News & Articles
- NM officials encourage prairie chicken feedback
CLOVIS, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Department of Game and Fish Director Jim Lane says the state wants to keep a prairie grouse under state authority and keep the bird off the federal register. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced last month that it will reopen the comment period on the proposal to list the prairie grouse as a threatened species.
June 16, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Colorado land managers leery of sage-grouse habitat
SAGUACHE COUNTY -- "Critical habitat" is a phrase land managers don't often like to hear. The impending Gunnison sage-grouse endangered species listing is bringing attention to the small bird that hasn't been seen displaying its feathers on a Poncha Pass lek -- breeding ground -- for some time.
June 15, 2013 - Boulder Daily Camera
- Ruffed Grouse Society to host field trial in New Era
The West Michigan Lakeshore Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society will present its 5th Annual Gun Dog Fun Trial at the Modaka Kennels, 5023 S. 48th Ave., New Era, Sunday, June 23, beginning at 8 a.m. rain or shine.
June 12, 2013 - Oceana's Herald-Journal
- David Mitchell in Republican & Herald
This policy's in place, it is underway, the sage grouse working group created their recommendations. We hope that these recommendations will be the guide for the next five years, which is what they figure it's going to take to get things stabilized... Dave Freudenthal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Freudenthal&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEl__p0j2RTBMr8sOdXCp8kag2UdA Little Chicago Review http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.littlechicagoreview.com/view/bookmark/8564427/article-Economy-tied-to-conservation-of-grouse-%3Finstance%3Dnews&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEAq-RIR3urLhJk-ek0XLr0tcYblA Jul 8, 2010
44044 60353 grouse This is important thermal cover for many types of wildlife, including grouse," Mitchell said. "In addition, on State Game Lands 234 in Montgomery County, the crew planted loblolly pines with the hopes of establishing dove-roosting areas."