heaving : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling)
the heaving of waves on a rough sea
- n breathing heavily (as after exertion)
- n the act of lifting something with great effort
- n throwing something heavy (with great effort)
he was not good at heaving passes
- v utter a sound, as with obvious effort
- v throw with great effort
- v rise and move, as in waves or billows
- v lift or elevate
- v move or cause to move in a specified way, direction, or position
- v breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
- v bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat
- v make an unsuccessful effort to vomit; strain to vomit
- After 11 years wandering in the wilderness, following the publication of his slender, cruelly promising story collection Drown, Daz hauls off with massive, heaving, sparking .
- Over 500 marchers carrying rainbow-colored flags and "Queer Dilliwalla" banners marched to bhangra beats, breaking into Bollywood-style pelvic thrusts and bust-heaving from time to .
- Wherever south Korea's hottest boy band goes, its members are assailed by heaving, hormonal throngs of teenage girls, all of them aching to rip out a lock of pop idol hair.
News & Articles
- Stream Hausu's 'Total,' a Snarling Squall of an Album
Earlier this month, Hausu presented "Chrysanthemum," a heaving shredder that SPIN described as "a sweetly sour mix of Dischord-ant post-punk drive and vintage alt-rock gnarl (via
June 18, 2013 - Spin
- Zeeland East's Brittany Casey headlines All-Area Girls Track & Field Team
After finishing second in the state in 2012, Zeeland East's Brittany Casey focused on winning the shot put state title. There were times when doubts crept into her mind and there were other elite throwers heaving their best at the Division 2 state meet. But the junior launched the best throw of her career to clinch the state championship. “I knew I had to have a big last throw,” Casey said. “My ...
June 18, 2013 - The Holland Sentinel
- Cheapism: Best budget riding mowers
Nothing like spending a hot summer day heaving a lawn mower around the yard to make you warm to the idea of a riding mower. Although it requires quite a leap in price, it certainly beats a walk-behind mower for grass that covers more than half an acre.
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Dave Duncan in SI.com
He can make pitches, he's not out there just heaving it,Duncan said. "There's been times when he's going out there and had overpowering type games and there's been times when he's gone out there and you wonder, 'What's he doing?"
- Sienna Miller in Javno.hr
Sienna said: "My house is heaving with clothes. It gets too much sometimes."
- Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner in InternetNews.com
I take this challenge very seriously, but after three laps at Bislett Bad on Saturday I realized, as I was heaving like a whale, that I should probably have started the training a little bit earlier,Tetzchner stated on his Web site. "I am...