- n a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open
she gave a gasp and fainted
- v breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
- I was in the audience at the Detroit auto show the day GM unveiled the Pontiac Aztek and I will never forget the gasp that audience made.
- It's in Issue 141 of The Paris Review, and it will make you gasp.
- Indeed, a last-gasp resistance to this embrace of wealth and comfort can be observed in the current evangelical brawl over whether comfortable megachurches (like Osteen's and .
News & Articles
- Merion Moments: Phil Mickelson’s scheduling luck continues as group beats race against darkness
ARDMORE, Pa. — The sequence of sounds that could be heard on the 18th green at 8:27 local time Friday night went in this order: Air horns blew, the gallery did a half gasp-half groan and then marshals quickly shushed … Continue reading ?
June 15, 2013 - Devil Ball Golf via Yahoo! Sports
- Why Ben Affleck Is Spending Father’s Day Alone
Ben Affleck was honored with the filmmaker of the year award at the Directors Spotlight for UCLA School of Theater, Film & Television's annual film festival on Thursday night. "Omg! Insider" was on the red carpet at the event and got the chance to chat with the Oscar-winning director about his upcoming Father's Day plans. He revealed to us that he would be celebrating it ? gasp! — alone! Uh, oh ...
June 14, 2013 - omg! Celeb News via omg!
- Did Spanish Taxing Authorities Target Messi To Send A Message To The World?
A collective gasp went out from the sports world this week when Lionel Messi, together with his father, were accused by Spanish tax authorities of filing fraudulent tax returns for the years 2007-2009. Allegedly, the pair used a series of offshore companies to avoid nearly ?4m ($5.3 million U.S.) in taxes attributable to licensing his image.
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- David Carr in USA Today
Every time the guy took a step, it was either a cheer or a gasp,said Panthers QB David Carr. "That's expected. I mean, that's their guy and a lot was riding on this game."
- Steve Squyres in Times Online
Steve Squyres of Cornell University in New York state, who leads the rover team, said: "You could hear people gasp in astonishment." "This is a remarkable discovery. And the fact that we found something this new and different after nearly...
- Paul Helmke in guardian.co.uk
Helmke said NRA's recent efforts to demonstrate its clout are partly "a sign of desperation. They realize this is probably their last gasp in terms of trying to be the force that they used to be."