heavy metal :
- n a metal of relatively high density (specific gravity greater than about 5) or of high relative atomic weight (especially one that is poisonous like mercury or lead)
- n loud and harsh sounding rock music with a strong beat; lyrics usually involve violent or fantastic imagery
News & Articles
- Going To 11: Why 'Spinal Tap' is the Hardest Rocking Comedy Ever
The Merciless Book of Heavy Metal Lists ranks 1984’s This Is Spinal Tap as second in a list of “5 Awesome Heavy Metal Movies” (after Heavy Metal Parking Lot ). I completely disagree, and this goes beyond heavy metal: This Is Spinal Tap is the best rock ’n’ roll comedy ever made. “I was approached by Harry Shearer [who plays bassist Derek Smalls] and a producer named David Jablin [to direct This ...
June 19, 2013 - San Antonio Current
- Veteran bands Motorhead, Black Sabbath top UK metal music awards
By Ellen Sowerby LONDON (Reuters) - Veteran British rock bands Motorhead and Black Sabbath were crowned the kings of heavy metal on Monday, winning the top accolades at the UK's top metal music awards, the Metal Hammer Golden Gods. Motorhead, best known for its 1980 hit "Ace of Spades", received the Golden Gods awards at the 11th annual ceremony for making a significant contribution to the rock ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- RidicuList: Heavy metal haters
A heavy metal band pens a ballad about our own Anderson Cooper and all the haters earn a spot on the RidicuList.
June 14, 2013 - CNN