- n the noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine)
- n (usually in the plural) a garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately
- n a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open
- v breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily
- v utter while panting, as if out of breath
- His fashion signatures the billowing white shirt, or the structured pant suit became favorites of Hollywood icons like Elizabeth Taylor and Julia Roberts.
- So, most hot summer days, the local peasants sit on concrete stoops, pant legs hiked up to their thighs, fanning themselves with the latest propaganda broadsheet from Beijing and .
- Then, after Some Like It Hot, she made Let's Make Love early this year, and gossip columns began to pant with rumors of a Monroe affair with Co-Star Yves Montand.
News & Articles
- Late, wet spring causing influx of mosquitoes, ticks
Hike those socks over pant legs this summer, and keep the repellant handy. Experts say the mosquitoes, ticks and ants will be out in full force. Some are already reporting increased populations. “If you go through the longer grass, or go hiking through woods, you’re going to pick up ticks,” said Larry Dolphin, director of [...]
June 13, 2013 - Austin Daily Herald
- Who's the Real Jean-ius of the Celebrity Denim Revolution?
A classic pair of jeans just doesn't seem to cut it anymore in celebrity circles. From pant/jean hybrids to bizzaro cuts to craft fair fashion, some stars are pushing the boundaries of what it means to be a denim denizen. Case in point(s): Miley Cyrus and her half-sweats-half-jeans combo, perfect for those with a fear of commitment ( Sorry, Liam ). Rihanna and her double jeans. Always has a ...
June 13, 2013 - Zimbio
- Mirror, Mirror: Put some pants on - they're in style again
Pants are back. And this summer, they sure are fun: Polka dots pop on skinny cotton trousers. Denim bottoms are chic yet loud in funky blue toile prints (yes, like your grandmother's china patterns). Pucci-inspired designs turn wide-legged pull-ups into breezy works of art.
June 12, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Ann Coulter in Guardian Unlimited
Conservative commentator Ann Coulter says, "Looks good in a pant suit," to which the narrator adds, "Now, a movie about everything else."
- Tim Gunn in San Jose Mercury News
Oh, no. You're fine,Gunn says. "You wear pleated pant fronts, and cuffs are perfectly acceptable with pleated fronts. I wear flat fronts, and cuffs aren't acceptable."
- Jim Gibbons in MSNBC
By participating in the LOFT partnership with Goodwill, people are making an investment in their communities,said Jim Gibbons, President and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. "Each pant donation at LOFT stores nationwide will...