groin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the crease at the junction of the inner part of the thigh with the trunk together with the adjacent region and often including the external genitals
- n a curved edge formed by two intersecting vaults
- n a protective structure of stone or concrete; extends from shore into the water to prevent a beach from washing away
- v build with groins
The ceiling was groined
- Kwan Withdraws from Olympics; The figure skater dropped out of the Games due to a groin injury, ending her quest for the elusive gold.
- That's why Goody's imminent death from cervical cancer that has metastasized to her bowel, liver and groin is a matter of national importance, discussed at the highest levels and .
- According to dozens of civil lawsuits and the claims of more than a hundred suspects, it was by force sometimes a cattle prod held to a man's groin, or a burn caused by a .
- Rafael Benitez in FOXSports.com
Benitez said: "Robbie Keane has a groin strain, we are not sure about him yet, but we will have to wait until nearer the match before we decide. (Steven) Gerrard and (Xabi) Alonso will be fit, but Torres will not be available. He may be ready for...
- Dawn Fraser in SwimmingWorldMagazine.com
This guy came out of the gate and grabbed me and I grabbed him by the ear and I kicked him in the groin,Fraser told several Australian television stations. "So he had to let me go. He threatened my life and I got really annoyed about that...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in USA Today
United manager Alex Ferguson says Rooney "got a groin injury on Thursday, unfortunately. Groin injuries at this time of year with firm grounds are a problem."