- n a protective structure of stone or concrete; extends from shore into the water to prevent a beach from washing away
- The Bush Administration has made efforts to rein in the Corps, and it even shut down a ludicrous jetty project in North Carolina's Outer Banks.
- In 2003, for example, the White House killed a $108 million Corps jetty project that Senator Jesse Helms had rammed through Congress to protect fishing boats on North Carolina.
- The hero and heroine stepped aboard, the sailors cast off the hawsers, the ship glided away from the jetty.
News & Articles
- Outdoors report: June 27
Outdoors report: June 27 Live-baiters have enjoyed the best bite on the channel on croakers. Guide Nick Stillwell reported near limits of trout while wading sand and grass with live bait. Red snapper, kingfish and dolphin have been the mainstay on most boats. Red snapper season runs through June 28. Best bites have come around slicks and pods of shad.Jetty anglers have found trout and redfish on ...
June 27, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Advisory issued for Polk Street Beach on Tybee Island
The Chatham County Health Department has placed Polk Street Beach, the northern most part of Tybee Island at the mouth of the Savannah River from the end of the beach to the jetty, under advisory.
June 26, 2013 - WTOC 11 Savannah
- Cudahy police ask for help finding information about pit bull shooting
Saturday, June 22nd at 9:50 A.M. a Cudahy citizen reported seeing a bloody pit bull chained to the side of a jetty along the beach at Sheridan Park.
June 25, 2013 - CBS 58 Milwaukee
- Jim Saxton in New Brunswick Home News Tribune
So I got it done and it turned a very bad situation where people were dying every summer into a situation where I don't know of anyone who has perished there since the new south jetty was finished,Saxton said. "When I saw that, I decided...
- Robert Falcon Scott in TVNZ
We advertised our start at 3pm., and at three minutes to that hour the Terra Nova pushed off from the jetty,Scott wrote on his departure from Dunedin. "A great mass of people assembled. K. and I lunched with a party in the New Zealand...
- Willie Rennie in stv.tv
Mr Rennie said: "We fought off closure last time by making a powerful case that the deep water jetty was such a valuable MoD asset that it must be maintained. That case has not changed. It may be used by the Royal Navy's Type 45 Destroyers and the...