- n something acquired without compensation
- n natural abilities or qualities
- n the act of giving
- v give qualities or abilities to
- v give as a present; make a gift of
- Online searches for gift cards are rising, and they're more generic than ever.
- The trendiest wedding gifts don't come in a box.
- A gift is not taxable only when it is given out of "detached and disinterested generosity.
News & Articles
- Survey: Gift card giving, spending on the rise
Don't look for gift card giving - or subsequent spending - to slow down any time soon. New data out this week shows a growing number of consumers rely on gift cards for a number of occasions, but perhaps more importantly that most recipients are spending those gift cards within six months.
June 21, 2013 - BizReport
- Wedding Gift Text Fight Goes Viral, Says What Everyone Is Thinking
A now viral wedding gift text fight is awkward to read, but the escalating and horrible exchange also says out loud what everyone thinks from all angles of a wedding. The wedding gift text fight stems from a couple unhappy with their gift from two guests — and what begins as a text message asking... Read more » Wedding Gift Text Fight Goes Viral, Says What Everyone Is Thinking is a post from ...
June 20, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Gift Your Gear Supports 50 UK Charities
Gift Your Gear has led a nationwide initiative to help 50 different UK charities that focus on working with young people stay safe, warm and dry in the great outdoors. (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10838465.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation,said Obama, channelling the spirits of Kennedy and Jefferson.
- Michael Jackson in Hindu
Mr. Lester, who is godfather to Jackson's three children, told the News of the World: "It was a gift to him, no money was paid, it was something I was honoured to do - he wanted children so badly."
- Caroline Kennedy in Earthtimes (press release)
Obama has "built a movement that is changing the face of politics in this country, and he has demonstrated a special gift for inspiring young people - known for a willingness to volunteer, but an aversion to politics - to become engaged in the...