gig : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n long and light rowing boat; especially for racing
- n an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
- n a cluster of hooks (without barbs) that is drawn through a school of fish to hook their bodies; used when fish are not biting
- n tender that is a light ship's boat; often for personal use of captain
- n small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and no hood
- n a booking for musicians
they played a gig in New Jersey
- New gig: He's up for mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- But despite the hurdles, the musicians go from gig to gig because they see they are having an effect.
- In mid-October, without having toured or even played a single gig, Kamini signed a record deal with RCA for Marly-Gomont and two albums.
News & Articles
- Create a Virtual Concert on GIG-IT to Win Social Media Day VIP Tickets
GIG-IT, a new social game coming to Facebook in July that lets players create 3D concerts featuring virtual versions of famous musicians, is getting in the Social Media Day spirit GIG-IT is throwing a contest, and one winner will receive two VIP tickets to the big Social Media Day party at New York City's Milk Studios on June 29. To be eligible, you must create and share a virtual concert using ...
June 27, 2013 - Mashable
- Gig Harbor Life community calendar for June 28 and beyond
Gig Harbor Life community calendar of events for the week of June 28 and beyond.
June 25, 2013 - The Kitsap Sun
- Gig Harbor commits $10,000 for seasonal trolley service
The Gig Harbor City Council voted 6-0 Monday night to provide $10,000 from the city’s nondepartmental budget as part of a community partnership that will bring two Pierce Transit trolleys to Gig Harbor for the summer months. Council member Tim Payne was not in attendance.
June 25, 2013 - The Peninsula Gateway
- Stewart Copeland in MTV.com
It usually takes about four or five shows in a tour before you get to the disaster gig. But we're the Police so we are a little ahead of schedule,Copeland noted.
- Rod Blagojevich in The Associated Press
I have to get the ...... out of here,he said, sprinkling his conversations with expletives. "The objective is to get a good gig over there (in Washington, DC)."
- Jay Z in NDTV.com
Allen thanked fans for their support, saying, "I appreciate that you were jumping up and down because this is probably my last gig in London for some time."