garbed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v provide with clothes or put clothes on
- s dressed or clothed especially in fine attire; often used in combination
monks garbed in hooded robes
- Another ritual the author witnessed: garbed as half man, half woman in a ruffled shirt, cutaway coat, silk hat, and cigar stub, Papa Nebo, an hermaphrodite, wrought mysteries .
- This onetime deputy governor of an Iraqi province and two-time author isn't garbed as a City banker in order to project upper-class Britishness, but, he says, "to show respect" to .
- There, they cut deals with the Miao, the Bai and the Dai peoples, colorfully garbed minorities who slipped by foot across the Sino-Burmese frontier to buy fruit, vegetables and .
News & Articles
- Back to school to test Penney
Best Buy Co.'s sales force wears blue shirts. Apple Inc. "specialists" are garbed in branded T-shirts. J.C. Penney Co. associates can wear whatever they want.
June 17, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- J.C. Penney tries to make workers easier to identify
By Bloomberg News Best Buy Co.’s sales force wears blue shirts. Apple Inc. “specialists” are garbed in branded tees. J.C. Penney Co. associates can wear whatever they want. ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News