attired : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- s dressed or clothed especially in fine attire; often used in combination
the elegantly attired gentleman
- The main car carried Akishino and his wife, Princess Kiko, elegantly attired in a checkered gray suit.
- The bride's attendants will wear pink gowns; the groomsmen will be attired in cutaways rented at $11 each.
- One of Schrafft's recent TV commercials features a trio of shapely girls attired in miniskirts, and asks: "Have you seen the little old ladies in Schrafft's lately?".
News & Articles
- Jockey fashion superstitions
They might look like circus performers, but these flamboyantly-attired men are in fact jockeys -- and what they wear could help determine whether they win or lose on the race track.
June 10, 2013 - CNN
- SIMMONS: Nation has come a long way on voting rights
ANALYSIS/OPINION: All eyes and ears are on Washington, D.C., where this month, perhaps as soon as Monday, the Supreme Court is expected to take the blinders off and rule on challenges to the seminal Voting Rights Act of 1965, whose signing by then-President Johnson drew women attired in hats and ...
June 10, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Merced County high school graduates head out into world
After 12 years of countless classes, books, skirmishes, stumbles and successes, and friendships made, it's time for area high school students to move on, advancing to college, university or career pursuits. More than 3,000 students graduate Thursday and today from schools throughout Merced County. Attired in traditional cap and gown, these students will celebrate their academic achievements in ...
June 7, 2013 - Merced Sun-Star
- Michiko Kakutani in New York Times (blog)
Ms. Kakutani says the novels' central appeal is their heroine, Lisbeth Salander, "a damaged sprite of a girl who becomes a goth-attired avenging angel, who can hack into any computer in the world and seemingly defeat any foe in hand-to-hand combat."
- Peter MacKay in CBC.ca
Yes, there are serious charges, but there are charges pending such as sleeping in, leaving a post early, not having your uniform properly attired,MacKay said.
- Jean-Dominique Bauby in Wall Street Journal
Having turned down the hideous jogging suit provided by the hospital, I am now attired as I was in my student days,writes Mr. Bauby, formerly a fashion magazine editor. "I see in the clothing a symbol of continuing life. And proof that I...