- n clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
- v put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- Bettie Page, the 1950s secretary-turned-model, helped set the stage for the 1960s sexual revolution by posing for photographers and filmmakers in skimpy attire or none at all.
- Liz Dean, 21, a Mount Holyoke graduate about to join Teach for America, views office attire differently.
- But he's still his own man, don't you see, because he shirks corporate attire, rockin' his leather jackets and torn jeans all while working as the in-house detective for a Japanese .
News & Articles
- Tomorrow's Gentlemen (Boys Only)
Charm Alarm ? This class will address posture, proper sitting, attire awareness, speaking skills, social media tips, stationary use, how to write thank you notes and confrontation with poise.
June 16, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Coastal Bend society calendar: 06.16.13
Thursday: Portland Chamber of Commerce 2013 Awards and Installation Banquet, 6-10 p.m., NorthShore Country Club. Event celebrates 50 years. Semiformal attire preferred. Doors open at 6 p.m. Music by Borderline Band. Cost: $35/ticket; tables also available. Information: 361-643-2475.
June 16, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Jordana Brewster, Hollis Wakeema And More!)
Cocktail attire was the general look for this week filled with parties, premieres and celebrations. ... More »
June 14, 2013 - The Atlanta Post
- Brian Bilbray in ChicagoNow (blog)
They will look at the kind of dress you wear, there is different type of attire, there is different type of -- right down to the shoes, right down to the clothes,Bilbray told Chris Matthews on Hardball.
- Lloyd Carr in Forbes
Excuse my attire,Carr responds. "I haven't had a chance to go upstairs to my room."
- Robin Givhan in CBS News
Washington Post fashion writer Robin Givhan described Cheney's look at the deeply moving 60th anniversary service as "the kind of attire one typically wears to operate a snow blower."