fresher : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a first-year undergraduate
- a recently made, produced, or harvested
- s (of a cycle) beginning or occurring again
- s imparting vitality and energy
- s original and of a kind not seen before
- a not canned or otherwise preserved
- a not containing or composed of salt water
- s having recently calved and therefore able to give milk
- s with restored energy
- s not soured or preserved
- s free from impurities
- s not yet used or soiled
- s improperly forward or bold
- That makes fresher, commonsense visions like those of Peruvian economist Hernando de Soto all the more welcome.
- That means my perspective is fresher, more in touch with the people I will be serving.
- Many a musical has been fresher, cleverer, more original; several Cole Porter shows have had wittier lyrics, catchier tunes.
News & Articles
- Researchers: Light-dark cycles may keep foods fresher
According to rRice University researchers, some foods have an internal clock that can keep them fresher even after harvest
June 20, 2013 - ABC 13 Houston
- Vernon Hills unveils new village website
Vernon Hills will launch a new website this week, with more interactive features and timely information. “It’s a much fresher, cleaner appearance,” Assistant Village Manager John Kalmar said. “I think it will be much easier for people to use.”
June 19, 2013 - Vernon Hills Review
- Local fruit stands represent area well
Why go to a supermarket for fruit when you can get it straight from the farmers? There are several fruit stands around the area that offer fruit that is fresher and tastier than what can be found at the grocery store. Sanchez Farms Fruit Yard, open...
June 18, 2013 - The Porterville Recorder
- Rafael Nadal in AFP
Seems like I was two years outside of competition. I was two months,Nadal said. "I'm fresher than ever in this tournament. I don't know if this fresher is good but I'm fresh."
- Svetlana Kuznetsova in Washington Post
Serena was a bit fresher,Kuznetsova said. "In the end she was moving well and serving incredibly hard."