- n an extended fictional work in prose; usually in the form of a story
- n a printed and bound book that is an extended work of fiction
his bookcases were filled with nothing but novels
he burned all the novels
- s original and of a kind not seen before
the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem
- s pleasantly new or different
- Clint Catalyst, also an associate producer who worked on scripted television and wrote several novels before joining the Top Model staff, says, "We're storytellers.
- This season's standout graphic novel focuses on one of the scariest of all horrors: high school.
- The city found a novel way of disposing waste; it dumped the waste in a plant that generated electricity while consuming the dumped waste.
News & Articles
- Rexahn awarded U.S. patent for novel anti-cancer compounds
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals announced that it has significantly expanded its intellectual property around a series of novel anti-tumor quinazoline compounds. Rexahn has been issued patent No. 8,404,698 from ...
June 17, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Novel vaccine platform to treat Japanese red cedar tree allergy raises $3M
A biotechnology company developing a novel vaccine platform to treat people who are allergic to the Japanese Red Cedar and Mountain Cedar trees which holds the potential to combat other allergies has rounded up $3 million, according to a Form D filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Immunomic Therapeutics Inc., a Hershey, Pennsylvania-based [...]
June 14, 2013 - MedCity News
- Novel biomarkers improve diagnosis in rheumatoid arthritis
( European League Against Rheumatism ) Data presented at EULAR 2013, the Annual Congress of the European League Against Rheumatism, show that novel antibody biomarkers could significantly improve diagnosis in rheumatoid arthritis.
June 14, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Barack Obama in RTT News
Obama, at the time, said he had "proposed a novel way to preserve the strength of the public financing system in the 2008 election."
- Kevin Macdonald in Seattle Post Intelligencer
It's not a mainstream film I'm going to make, it's an experimental film,Macdonald said. "I don't think that everybody can write a great novel, and I don't believe that everybody can paint a great picture. But in this instance, people can...
- Salman Rushdie in CNN International
I am very disappointed to hear that my publishers, Random House, have canceled another author's novel, apparently because of their concerns about possible Islamic reprisals,Rushdie said Thursday in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "This...