- n lime- or lemon-flavored carbonated water containing quinine
- n a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring
in New England they call sodas tonics
- n (music) the first note of a diatonic scale
- n a medicine that strengthens and invigorates
- a of or relating to or producing normal tone or tonus in muscles or tissue
a tonic reflex
tonic muscle contraction
- a employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words
- a used of syllables
a tonic syllables carries the main stress in a word
- s relating to or being the keynote of a major or minor scale
- s imparting vitality and energy
- For the uninitiated, tonic cuisine comprises dishes prepared primarily for their medicinal value, and it draws on the vast array of herbs and botanicals found in a traditional .
- They created drinks including a boozy ice cream using liquid nitrogen and an ice-cube-like gin-and-tonic jelly.
- Maybe that's your antiaging tonic.
News & Articles
- From WKYC.COM / TV 3
Both the flowers and berries of the elderberry have been used since prehistoric times as a tonic to treat respiratory ailments. The elderberry is the international herb of the year for 2013, but very few studies have been done to back-up the health properties of elderberry.
June 10, 2013 - 89.7 WKSU
- Revised Car Sales Forecast Fuels Optimism Amongst UK Dealers
The Society of Motor Traders and Manufacturers has re-forecasted its new car sales estimate for 2013 - the new figure has been described by Unicom Insurance as a 'tonic' for dealerships nationwide.
June 7, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Antonio in FOXNews
Antonio Maria Costa, executive director of the UN agency, warned that amphetamine-type drugs are seen as "a cheap and available tonic for our fast and competitive times."
- Jim Calhoun in Washington Post
This team has given me incredible joy this season,Calhoun said. "They were the tonic, quite frankly, the best medicine I could ever possibly receive."
- Gareth Jenkins in BBC News
This is magnificent news for us,said Wales coach Gareth Jenkins. "It's just the tonic we need as we prepare for our warm-up games against England this week and Argentina and France at the Millennium Stadium later this month. Stephen is...