- a employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words
Chinese is a tonal language
- a having tonality; i.e. tones and chords organized in relation to one tone such as a keynote or tonic
- In a recent study, researchers from the University of Southern California at San Diego recorded native speakers of tonal languages--Vietnamese and Chinese--in which meaning is .
- The tonal quality is pretty amazing for a CGI movie.
- He conveyed it with tremendous plastic force, making you feel the weight of forms and the tension of their relationships mainly by drawing and tonal structure.
News & Articles
- 'Man of Steel' offers an event movie that's actually an event
With the universe of DC Comics now under the supervision of Christopher Nolan, the DC films have completely established their radical tonal difference from Disney's Marvel films.
June 19, 2013 - The Lexington Dispatch
- Daily Planner: Auditions todayfor Boys Choir
Auditions are taking place today through the end of July for the Boys Choir of Springfield. Call 496-1136 to schedule an audition at Drury University. Audition requirements: Sing a D Major scale, tonal recall, 'Row Row Row Your Boat' in a round, and
June 19, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- David Yates in Harry Potter's Page
I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film,Yates said. "And I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with...
- Kirk Hammett in Blabbermouth.net
Old-school tones and new-school technology attracted me to the potential that Randall amps have to offer,said Kirk Hammett. "These considerations are the answer to my continual quest for a well-rounded tonal palette and this flexibility...
- Jon Favreau in New York Post
Comparing Tony Stark to James Bond, Favreau says, "There's definitely a sense of humor:that the Roger Moore James Bonds or the Sean Connery James Bonds had when I was growing up. There was a tonal swagger to it and there was a sense of really having...