- n a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore
- v be the source of pain
- a showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness
- s elegant and stylish
a smart new dress
- s characterized by quickness and ease in learning
smart children talk earlier than the average
- s improperly forward or bold
- s painfully severe
he gave the dog a smart blow
- s quick and brisk
I gave him a smart salute
we walked at a smart pace
- s capable of independent and apparently intelligent action
- Miami's $200 million smart grid, which aims to connect every home and business in Miami-Dade County by 2011, may serve as a blueprint for a nationwide system.
- If you have to sell a house, you're probably wondering what's the smartest, most cost-effective approach.
News & Articles
- Smart Spending: Beach reading stock-up tips
Smart Spending: Beach reading stock-up tips Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:49 am, Thursday, June 13, 2013 [...] with the expense that it takes to pay for the vacation itself, no one wants to spend a lot on beachy entertainment. [...] Nook tablets offer the entire Google ...
June 16, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- SMART Jets Partners with TerraPass to Give Private Jet Customers a Better Way to Fly: Green!
MIAMI, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SMART Jets and TerraPass will be working together going forward to give travelers the option to significantly reduce the carbon footprint of their next flight. Choosing ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Smart & Final store opens in Paso Robles
Smart & Final opened Wednesday in Paso Robles at the former Scolari's space on Spring Street.
June 13, 2013 - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
- Tony Kornheiser in Washington Post
If I could handpick a replacement of a football guy, I would cast a net and drag in Jon Gruden,Kornheiser said. "He is the two things you most want -- smart and funny -- and has the two things I don't -- good hair and a tan."
- Bruce Gordon in ESPN
NEW YORK -- Bruce Gordon, former head of the NAACP and a director of CBS Corp., said Wednesday he hoped the broadcasting company would "make the smart decision" by firing radio talk-show host Don Imus for his slur against the mostly black...
- Charlie Crist in ABC News
These storms have a mind of their own,Florida Gov. Charlie Crist said after a meeting Saturday with mayors and emergency officials. "There are no rules, so what we have to do is be prepared, be smart, vigilant and alert."