- n a lining applied to the edge of a garment for ornamentation or strengthening
- n an ornamental coating to a building
- n a protective covering that protects the outside of a building
- n providing something with a surface of a different material
- v deal with (something unpleasant) head on
- v oppose, as in hostility or a competition
- v be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
- v be opposite
the facing page
- v turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction
- v present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize
- v turn so as to expose the face
- v line the edge (of a garment) with a different material
- v cover the front or surface of
- That's the stark choice facing Barack Obama as he ponders whom to tap in the next few weeks as his running mate.
- Their case is fast becoming a cause celebre in Egypt, where President Hosni Mubarak, 78, is facing growing domestic and international pressure to democratize.
News & Articles
- Denver man facing two felony child sex charges
DENVER, N.C. -- A Denver man is facing statutory rape charges based on accusations of an incident that took place more than two years ago. Jeremiah Lee Mitchell, 37, turned himself in to the Lincoln County magistrate's office following the filing of charges against him. A Lincoln County Sheriff's Detective charged Mitchell with felony statutory rape of a 13, 14 or 15-year-old by a defendant six ...
June 16, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Amsterdam man facing assault charges
An Amsterdam man is facing assault charges after police say he stabbed a man during a fight on Guy Park Ave Saturday afternoon.
June 16, 2013 - WNYT Albany
- Florida LB facing battery charge after bar scrape
Florida LB facing battery charge after bar scrape
June 16, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Barack Obama in Reuters Canada
It's unfortunate that at a time when our nation is facing enormous challenges, many in Congress have decided to delay critical nominations for political purposes,Obama said. "These recess appointments will allow three extremely qualified...
- Marie Osmond in International Herald Tribune
My son, Michael, is an amazing young man, shown through his courage in facing his issues. As his mother I couldn't be more proud of him,Osmond said in a statement issued through her publicist, Marleah Leslie.
- Stephen Harper in The Associated Press
The back-to-back summits came amid what Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, the host, called an "enormous crisis facing us all, serious threats to the stability, economic prosperity of every country."