factoid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something resembling a fact; unverified (often invented) information that is given credibility because it appeared in print
- n a brief (usually one sentence and usually trivial) news item
- Good girl factoid: She decided she wanted to be a singer after watching Oklahoma! Anne Hathaway Age: 24 Spiritual Mother: Audrey Hepburn Screen Cred: From The Princess Diaries to The .
- We might search for a website that we can't remember, a factoid for a report, or movie times for the local theater.
- Today, when you download the program onto your computer, you can encounter panoramic photos, Wikipedia factoid pop-ups, virtual travel itineraries, 3D renderings and all kinds of .
News & Articles
- Find the rhythm to stop and smell the roses
New favorite factoid: Our cave dwelling ancestors marched, OK, danced to the beat of their own drums for a good reason.
June 25, 2013 - The News-Press
- Cornell Researchers Unveil a Virtual Notary
First time accepted submitter el33thack3r writes "We've all wanted a trustworthy record of an online factoid, whether it's your official employment status, a tweet someone made or the hash of an open-source distribution to protect it from tampering. A group of Cornell researchers have just unveiled a service called Virtual Notary that can serve as a witness to online factoids. The service is ...
June 20, 2013 - Slashdot
- Game 3 of the NBA Finals is not particularly magical
HAVE YOU HEARD? In 12 NBA Finals series that have gone 1-1 during the 2-3-2 era, the winner of Game 3 has won the series 11 times?! Fascinating. And of those 11 winners, eight did not have home court advantage for the series. How incredible. Cool factoid, bro. But there's no damn magic to a Game 3, or to the 2-3-2 format. To wit: 1. In a seven-game series, spotting a team two wins is a BIG deal ...
June 11, 2013 - SB Nation
- Stephen Colbert in San Francisco Chronicle
All we need to do is convince a majority of people that some factoid is true - for instance, that Africa has more elephants today than it did ten years ago,Colbert said on the program.
- Alvaro Garcia Linera in El Universal
GarcÃa described the document "as a factoid and a politically-biased statement, which is the result of the internal problems that plague Peruvian politics."
- Dave Dederer in Wired News
This company has deep mobile software expertise, with two of the founders of this company being from Tegic, who created the T9 texting software,added Dederer. "Here's a cocktail party factoid: it's the most widely-distributed software of...