- n anything that contributes causally to a result
a number of factors determined the outcome
- n an abstract part of something
a key factor in her success
- n one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer
what are the 4 factors of 6?
- n a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission
- n any of the numbers (or symbols) that form a product when multiplied together
- n an independent variable in statistics
- n (genetics) a segment of DNA that is involved in producing a polypeptide chain; it can include regions preceding and following the coding DNA as well as introns between the exons; it is considered a unit of heredity
genes were formerly called factors
- v resolve into factors
a quantum computer can factor the number 15
- v be a contributing factor
make things factor into a company's profitability
- v consider as relevant when making a decision
You must factor in the recent developments
- After analyzing the dozens of factors that fertility specialists consider when helping couples conceive, the Stanford researchers whittled down the list to the four most powerful .
- Many factors were considered: age, genetic risk factors, mental health status, depression, physical fitness, alcohol consumption, fine motor skills and social support.
- Assuming those citing Rudy's views on social issues as a "major factor" are doing so in the negative (i.