- n a protective covering that protects an inside surface
- n a piece of cloth that is used as the inside surface of a garment
- n providing something with a surface of a different material
- n the act of attaching an inside lining (to a garment or curtain etc.)
- v be in line with; form a line along
- v cover the interior of
- v make a mark or lines on a surface
- v mark with lines
- v fill plentifully
- v reinforce with fabric
- The interior sleeves are well-padded, including a layer of foam lining the waterproof bottom, and there's plenty of extra room for books, papers and other school materials.
- The usual treatment is a combination of antibiotics, acid suppressors and something to protect the stomach lining.
- In Thailand every cloud, even one so dark as the ill-omened Year of the Goat, has a silverand sometimes a goldlining.
News & Articles
- Wind farm proposed for central Maine
BINGHAM, Maine — Opposition is lining up against a proposed 62-turbine wind energy facility in Somerset and Piscataquis counties in central Maine. Boston-based Blue Sky West, a subsidiary of First Wind Inc., filed an application last month to build a nearly $400 million wind farm on a series of ridges and hills along Route 16 in the communities of Bingham, Moscow, Mayfield Township, Kingsbury ...
June 18, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Countdown to Conjunctions
Good fortune is lining up that will pay off later in the week. Today's instructions are to hold on to hope, which is one of those rare things, like love, that you can clasp and give to others at the s
June 18, 2013 - Post-Bulletin
- Candidates lining up for county board
LUMBERTON — It’s still 11 months before Robeson County voters get to cast ballots for any county commissioners, but already candidates are lining up to challenge three of the four county commissioners up for re-election in November 2014.
June 16, 2013 - The Robesonian
- Lance Armstrong in Malaysia Star
There are some aggressive, angry emotions. If you believe what you read my personal safety could be in jeopardy,Armstrong told Tuesday's Guardian newspaper. "Cycling is a sport of the open road and spectators are lining that road. I try to...
- Charles Schumer in News 10NBC
It's galling to think that taxpayers' stimulus checks will be lining the pockets of OPEC. The sad truth is that the average American family will spend almost their entire stimulus check on higher gas prices this year,said Sen. Charles...
- Edgerrin James in International Herald Tribune
I've always played the game a certain way,James said. "This is my style of play, mixing up the pass and the run versus lining it up to throw it every time. I'm no scatback. I never tried to be."