- n a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred
first you must collect all the facts of the case
- n a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened
he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts
- n an event known to have happened or something known to have existed
your fears have no basis in fact
how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell
- n a concept whose truth can be proved
scientific hypotheses are not facts
- Some facts about 1944 movie tastes, as registered at the nation's box-offices: A popular star does not insure a popular picture.
- Here's how it should work: I'm a columnist and I have a right to my opinions but, in the words of Daniel Patrick Moynihan, I don't have a right to my own facts.
- PTI lays out the facts behind what both candidates said during the first match-up.
News & Articles
- Cold Hard Fact for Friday, June 21, 2013
Fact: No high jumper has ever been able to stay off the ground for more than one second. Bleacher Report will be bringing sports fans the most interesting and engaging Cold Hard Fact of the day, presented by Coors Light.
June 21, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Fact Sheet: 2013 Ford Flex
Fact sheet: 2013 Ford Flex
June 19, 2013 - ABC News
- Cold Hard Fact for Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Fact: Prior to 1900, prize fights lasted up to 100 rounds. Bleacher Report will be bringing sports fans the most interesting and engaging Cold Hard Fact of the day, presented by Coors Light.
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Mitch McConnell in The Hill (blog)
The fact that this administration won't allow the man charged with implementing the president's plan to cut $500 billion out of Medicare to testify about his plans for the care of our nation's seniors is truly outrageous,he said.
- John McCain in FOXNews
I think those statements are wildly inaccurate, and there's no excuse for them,McCain said on ABC's "This Week." "The fact is that I think that Mr. Steele is going to have to assess as to whether he can still lead the Republican Party as...
- Vladimir Putin in National
I understand that back home police are putting people in prison,Mr Putin said after a meeting with Bill Clinton in Moscow, drawing a laugh from his American guest. "That's their job. I'm counting on the fact that the positive trend seen in...