exalted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v praise, glorify, or honor
- v fill with sublime emotion
- v heighten or intensify
- v raise in rank, character, or status
exalted the humble shoemaker to the rank of King's adviser
- s of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
an exalted ideal
- Because his exalted Highness the Nizam is a Mohammedan (a descendant of the last Mogul Viceroy), while about 90% of his 15,000,000 subjects are Hindus, it was discreet in 1902 .
- If I needed confirmation of Sir Edmund's exalted status not only in the adventuring pantheon but in that of the world itself, it came when my taxi dropped me off in the driveway of .
- They live far removed from the common man and, indeed, have to go out of their way if they wish to rub elbows with the less exalted.
News & Articles
- Daily docket
Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might.Psalm 21:13 Our culture reveres the "strong ones." But there is nothing in our world that can compete with the power of the God that we worship.
June 17, 2013 - Reading Eagle
- Indiana, PA - Indiana County
From left are David Serene, Lodge 931 Exalted Ruler; keynote speaker the Rev. Brad Hogue, pastor at Jenners Township Baptist Church and a veteran of the U.S. Air Force Intelligence; and Joe Prola, of Blairsville, a World War II veteran and former Army medic.
June 16, 2013 - The Indiana Gazette
- Exalted Health & Rehab of Iva wins national award
Exalted Health & Rehab of Iva has been recognized as a 2013 recipient of the Bronze — Commitment to Quality award for its dedication to improving the lives of residents through improved quality care
June 11, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Chris Okotie in BusinessDay
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh... Martin Luther King http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHseSRQmT3TmRBJOlbGGVSeJWjW7w The Virginian-Pilot http://www.google.com/url?q=http://hamptonroads.com/2008/06/echoes-history-obamas-moment&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFVJKZv4DUXWErPYqaQu2qELTTtuA Jun 4, 2008
34782 44501 exalted For me, personally, it is an honour to seize the opportunity presented by this (2011) election to run for the exalted office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, inspired first and foremost by a divine call to duty, to salvage our...
- Al Sharpton in Reuters
The dream was not just to get a high place. It was to use an exalted place to help everyone,Sharpton said, in a reference to King's "I Have a Dream" speech in 1963.