elevated : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a railway that is powered by electricity and that runs on a track that is raised above the street level
- v give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
- v raise from a lower to a higher position
- v raise in rank or condition
- s raised above the ground
an elevated platform
- s of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
- s increased in amount or degree
- Clearly, the elevated terrorism alert has neither elevated the issue in voter's minds nor boosted President Bush's numbers despite voters tendency to see Bush as the stronger .
- The movies of Bettie Page, the actress and model who has died in Los Angeles after a heart attack, were sold under the counter in their day, but decades later she was elevated to .
- But Kayani, 56, quickly showed that his loyalty lay with the nation he had served for nearly four decades, not with the man who had elevated him to the most powerful position in .
News & Articles
- 5 things to know about carbon monoxide
Elevated levels of carbon monoxide are responsible for three deaths in in the same hotel room in Boone, North Carolina. The source of the gas was unknown, officials have said.
June 11, 2013 - CNN
- Certain inflammatory biomarkers associated with increased risk of COPD exacerbations
Simultaneously elevated levels of the biomarkers C-reactive protein, fibrinogen and leukocyte count in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) were associated with increased risk of having exacerbations, even in those with milder COPD and in those without previous exacerbations, according to a study in the June 12 issue of JAMA.
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- North Carolina hotel deaths blamed on carbon monoxide
BOONE, N.C., June 11 (UPI) -- Elevated carbon monoxide levels are being blamed for the deaths of an 11-year-old boy and an elderly couple at a Best Western in Boone, N.C., police said.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- Donald Kohn in KPLC-TV
The increased turbulence of recent weeks partly reversed some of the improvement in market functioning over the late part of September and October,Kohn said. "Should the elevated turbulence persist, it would increase the possibility of...
- President Bush in Guardian Unlimited
When President Nixon needed to replace a vice president who had resigned in scandal, he naturally turned to a man whose name was a synonym for integrity,Bush said in his remarks. "And eight months later, when he was elevated to the...
- John Wetteland in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Thank you for your concerns,Wetteland said in a statement sent out by the team. "My wife and I are very appreciative of the over and above care of our local officers and paramedics. The circumstances leading to my elevated blood pressure...