lofty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
a noble and lofty concept
- s of imposing height; especially standing out above others
- s having or displaying great dignity or nobility
- Of the many memorials to Pope Pius XI, dead last week, least famed but most lofty perhaps is the Ratti Route, an Alpine trail on the way from Chamonix to the top of Mont Blanc (15 .
- Plummeting stock prices and anger over lofty compensation packages drove the trend.
- His improvised melodies and singing could be as lofty as a moon flight or as low-down as the blood drops of a street thug dying in the gutter.
News & Articles
- Panthers' Hardy sets lofty goal of 50 sacks
Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has a lofty goal for the number of sacks he's aiming for this season and he wasn't really laughing when he said it.
June 11, 2013 - ESPN
- Benefit Saturday at Lofty's for woman
ELK RUN HEIGHTS, Iowa --- A benefit is being planned for Lisa Berinobis on Saturday at Lofty's in Evansdale.
June 11, 2013 - Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
- Lofty art: Painting visible only from Eiffel Tower
PARIS (AP) — Art is often seen as lofty — but perhaps none more than a new roof installation in Paris that's only visible from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
June 6, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Jennifer Nettles in Newsday
If we're standing up here, we have this lofty view because we're standing on the shoulders of giants who've come before us,said Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles.
- Heather Wilson in USA Today
I also have not seen a clarity of mission, and I think that's the greatest weakness that we have right now,Wilson said. "We're talking about goals in lofty terms that are not vital American national interests. American troops should only...
- Ernie Els in Houston Chronicle
He's done it before, so when you've done something before, you feel like you can do it again,Els said. "And at his lofty heights, in his mind, he feels it's doable. He's got a great record here at Augusta. He's been playing great, so his...